Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Simple Versa-Mark Stamp Pad and Glitter Image for Papercrafting

Hello everyone and I hope that your week is going well.
We have our kids visiting from Tulsa.
We are here for a few days and then we're going to the valley
where we'll all have a sort of late New Year's celebration.
 ( 5 of the 9 kids will be there.)
Some of the cousins will be meeting for the first time!
All 8 grandkids will be together in the same
 place. Finally.
Won't that be quite a time?
 
***********************************
 
Today, I wanted to share with you just a little something that I
stumbled on. Sometimes that happens when I just get stuff out
and start playing. I'm sure you know what I mean.
 
I was making some cards and
playing around with
my Versa- Mark stamp pad.
If you're not familiar with this, it's
a sticky, clear, ink-like substance that you use with rubber
stamping. When used by itself, the stamped
image comes out just s few shades darker than
the paper it's stamped on. It has a kind of
silhouette appearance. You can also color your
image with chalk pastels.
 
I really enjoy working with glitter and I have this
very fine type that I bought at JoAnne's.
It comes in many colors and it's glistening
adds that dainty, pretty sparkle to my projects.
 

The process is really very simple. The only care you really
need to take is if  you're using different colors on your
stamped image. As you can see, I used three
different colors to cover my stamp.
 
I have only done this once. I had forgotten how
pretty it turned out! I'll have to play with it some more.
I particularly liked this image because it had
such a delicate look to it.  
 


I recently bought some of that
very popular glass glitter to try.
I'm probably one of the few who haven't
used it yet! Anyway, that will be fun to work
with, I'm sure.
 
I hope that you liked the idea.
I love finding new ideas and techniques to try
and there are so many out there
among the talented people
in Blogland!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Blessings,
Tamara
 

No comments: