Friday, September 14, 2018

Brutus, The Garden Cat: ^^ An Impromptu Summer's End Photo Shoot

Happy Day to you.
It's a beauty of a Friday and we've been
watering and mowing.
Our monsoons are gone so we
are back at it with the hose and water cans.

But the temps are cooler now and it's a joy to 
be there just soaking up the 
last couple weeks of summer. 

Do you have adventures planned
for the weekend or are you going to choose
a quiet "last weekend"
of summer?  
I actually just realized...
It IS the last weekend of summer 2018!
Oh my...
Time to reflect on all of the loveliness
and wonder of those beautiful summer
days that have come and gone this year.

That will be my next post.


We are packing up to spend the weekend
with some of our kids and grandkids.
We've rented a large house on a little lake. 
It's only about 20 minutes from here.
It's going to be a beautiful weekend
for some fun and family time. 
No special  big plans. 
Of  COURSE it will be special.

* sleepovers together
*sit in the jacuzzi
*walks around the lake
*drink wine with grown-ups
*annnd... hot cocoa with the kids
(anytime is hot cocoa time)
Yes?

Just some simple family time.
Isn't life filled with simple pleasures?


But before I go, I want to put a little
 post out and say hello to my lovely
friends~

Here are a few fun photos of
Brutus... 
He's such a character.
One can almost read his mind here.
Hahaha!
Moving in for a closer look...
And closer...
 Guess what happens next? 
(wink!!)
 Out of all of the cats that we've ever had,
Brute is the nature lover.
Is it just me, or does he look love-struck?
And definitely mischievous! 
He cannot resist flowers and herbs.
When I have vases sitting  
 on the table, he will jump up
 to smell them and lay
by the vase. Of course, being on the
table is a no no! So I take his picture and 
then shoo him away. 
;)
Whatta cutie!

I do need to go. I have packing to do 
and groceries to buy.

I want to wish you all a fabulous
last weekend of summer.
I hope it's a perfect way to end your
season. And don't we have so many
delightful things to look forward to 
in the fall?

Hugs and blessings to you and 
many thanks for coming by for a visit.
Tamara X

3 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Tamara,
Your family weekend sounds so fabulous. Enjoy. It is sad to see summer leave us but I do look forward to fall. The leaves changing, bond fires, sweaters and cool crisp mornings. A new season to enjoy.
Have a great weekend. It sounds like a great time.
Hugs,
Kris

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Tamara,
Hope it was a blessed and beautiful week-end for you.
I am a warm weather lover and am sorry to say goodbye to the Summer; I always am. But Autumn brings with is a special beauty of it's own and I enjoy the colors.
Take care & lets see some week-end pics if possible! : ) Luv-n-hugs, karen o

handmade by amalia said...

I'm a little late with my blog reading so you're back from your weekend away. It sounds wonderful and I hope that it lived up to expectations and that you all made wonderful memories. Family time is, indeed, always special.
Amalia
xo