Monday, February 25, 2019

A Few Thoughts About Goals and Being Good to Ourselves

These vibrant flowers 
were for my birthday 
from a good friend of mine.
They are so beautiful! 
Such brilliant, cheerful colors.
And they are lasting so long.

This year I have dreams
that are re-surfacing and I'm finding 
myself on a journey back to me.

Feeling stronger and more confident. 
Finding it easier to focus. After so many years
of feeling like I was losing ground,
it's a relief to have direction.
 There a few things that I have learned.
One is that there is always hope.
No matter how small a thing it seems,
do something that keeps me moving toward
where I want to be.

Another is that not one person is without
challenges in their life. 
No one has an easy time of it
all the time.

One more is that it takes
a lot of devotion and hard work
to get where I want to go. 
Though we need to work hard, I'm learning
to not be too obsessive and to take
lots of mini breaks. 

And honey... 
one thing is sure.
If we give up, 
we will NEVER
get there. 
So we persevere.
This was the most delicious red velvet 
cake that my daughter made me. 
And I had been craving cake thick with frosting.
Is there any other kind? 
I wanted to get a picture of a slice 
but never did.
My two daughters and their families
surprised me with a late evening party.
It was so sweet of them! Handmade cards
and sweet gifts. 

So far, getting older has been good
to me. I try to exercise, a lot and eat lots of
healthy foods and keep my stress down. 

There are some things that 
I don't like about my appearance but I 
have decided to embrace all of me
and really work on loving myself. 
And being very good to me. 
I don't hold to the "hard road"
mindset anymore. Life has enough
bumps in the road
without inviting them! ;)

So let's laugh a lot and create
as many happy moments for ourselves 
and others that we can! 
How do you create happy moments?
Think lots of positive thoughts
and keep on the sunny side.
  These past couple of weeks 
have been a busy time
helping my daughter pack and move 
and helping with her sweet girls as
she started a new job. 

I'm glad that I started my valentines early
and I was still working on them
at the last minute! 
I love making them and get caught up in
the details. Here they are waiting 
for the finishing touches.
 Maybe I can squeeze in a post of close ups before the month is over. 
I have a favorite sugar cookie recipe
and I always use half wheat flour.
I try to make our treats a little healthier.
Did you know that you can substitute oil with
applesauce and it keeps your baked goods moist?
A little trick to save calories and make your baking a bit more healthy.

I baked these to take to the local
people where we play music on Wednesday
nights. They are so supportive and it's nice to 
give a little something back to them.
 We had a huge snow storm come through
last weekend. If you follow me on IG, you already know and have seen these.
With a foot of snow, the mountain was covered in
this frosty white blanket.  The birds were wanting to eat. I bought extra seed to make sure that they had plenty.
I hope your February has been delightful. It will be gone in a few days and March will bringing
with it many thoughts of spring!

Have a lovely week and thank 
you for your visit.

Big Hugs,
Tamara X

3 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello to you Tamara~
I thoroughly enjoyed your post this morning!; your thoughts and photo's too~ Thanks for sharing your heart <3 with us : ) Your cards look wonderful and yes, I for one would love a closer look at each one if you get to it. We are blanketed with snow here in N/W MT. It is a beautiful place to be - but it is Soo cold! I'm waiting for April~
Loving hugs to you, karen o

handmade by amalia said...

I'm so happy that you had such a lovely birthday, dear Tamara, and the cake looks amazing. And I enjoyed reading about your thoughts and process for self-improvement. I'm trying to do some work as well, not always easy to change old habit but so so rewarding when you succeed.
Amalia
xo


Junkchiccottage said...

Happy Birthday sweet Tamara. The cake your daughter made looks so yummy. I love that you are taking time to find yourself and make happiness and find joy in your life. Sometimes we get so caught up in the negative things surrounding us we forget to feel joy and blessed with the good things. I have learned the same lesson you have about Hope. There is always hope no matter what is going on and what struggles we all have. I hold onto hope with all the challenges in my life too. Very nice post today. Loved all your pictures too.
Big hugs sweet friend.
xoxo
Kris