Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Mixed Media, Thank You Card For Spring ~


I hope you are having a good week so far.
I am resting a lot this week after
really over doing it last week.

Sometimes life is like is that
but then we can pull back
and enjoy some quiet
and work on what is in our hearts to do.

I did enjoy a little 
clean up time in the
gypsy camp this morning.
I made a fire and made some toasted bread
 with cream cheese and cranberries. It
felt wonderful to be out!

I wanted to share this thank you
card that I made for my daughter.
She is so thoughtful!
I used some lace, old wallpaper
and layered several types of 
papers. I found these flowers
at our local drug store and loved the
crimson color and they came with
some wire fronds as well.

I used a bit of embroidery floss for the bow.
Last fall, I found a DARLING, child's
antique, sewing box and it was full of
so much colorful floss. 
I now have plenty to use
in my projects.


Making cards for people is one of my favorite things to do. It's so relaxing and
I love expressing greetings with
a hand made card.

Wishing you a lovely rest of your week
and thank you for coming by~

Blessings,
Tamara

Sharing today at:

Come and see all of the lovely
creations and talent!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

The card is beautiful! I so enjoy receiving hand made cards. I'm not at all creative that way, but appreciate the creativity in others.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Card making is a beautiful way to share a thought with a friend or relative. Beautiful creation Tamara, I love how you used the found floss to create the bow. Thank you for sharing. Creative wishes Tracey.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hello Tamara! What a beautiful card you created using so many different elements! It is gorgeous, and a card your daughter will treasure, a work of art! I too really enjoy making handmade cards and need to work on making some more soon. Have a lovely and blessed week :)

Dorthe said...

So beautiful is your card for your daughter Tamara.
I love the romance and lovely layers - the flower was a wonderful find and fits so beautiful with the ticket and bird.
Thank you for your kind visit , on my blog, -lovely to see you there.
Dorthe, xo

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely vintage collage - all the elements work so beautifully together, with that delicate blush of red reappearing in different places. A wonderful way to say thank you.
Alison x

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Tamara~
I sure enjoyed peeking in today and seeing your beautiful handmade card! It is 'vintage-style' lovely! With beautiful soft details~ Great layers and vibe~ So happy you shared on SNT! Wishing you a blessed week-end ahead friend~ Hugs, karen o

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Tamara
This is so gorgeous with all the layers of paper and the crimson flower sits so perfectly on the top there.
Your daughter will be thrilled with this and what a special thing to do for her to know she is appreciated.
I too love to create cards so much!
All the best,
Suzy

Lace Age Girl said...

Dear Tamara, Such a peaceful and caring blogpost you have done here, with a glimpse into your life. Your daughter is very lucky to have you to appreciate her - I hope she appreciates your card with all its love too. The card is a lovely collection of layers, found, recycled, enjoyed. I like your floss bow, what a great way to use floss, and there are so many colours to be found. The touches of red on the bird, ticket and flower go so well with the beige and lace theme you've chosen. Simply gorgeous! Lovely to see you in Simply Neutrals. Sending love to you,

Jesse XX

Brenda Brown said...

I love your gorgeous card Tamara and thank you for the lovely comment on mine today. Have a great week. hugs Brenda xxx

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hello dear Tamara, your card is gorgeous! I'm in love with that beautiful red flower and the sweet little bird. Beautiful layers you added here and the wire adds a quirky little twist to it, love it! Sending you big hugs, xx