Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Be Fearless Mixed Media Canvas and Random Life Photos From 2018


Hello and welcome to my blog.
Depending on where you live, there
are beautiful season changes
happening! May has shown up here in the mountains
in a summery mood
wearing her loveliest of greens.

There are little blossoms appearing and
all sorts of pretty things in the yard
today. All very small but 
very welcome and treasured. I
 will have to get out soon 
and take some
photos. 

There's been an assortment of fun projects
to work on in my little gypsy studio. 
Lots of painting and some paper collaging.
 Clay and glitter... buttons and gems.
It's all so magical and the messes on my table
come and go shifting from one pile of 
goodness to the next. 

I'm so happy that I'm finally 
getting the hang of this
new way of downloading my photos!
And I'm so much more consistent.
There seems to always
be something
stewing in my mind. And though
I'm not a fearful person, I am not
very assertive sometimes and have allowed
negative thoughts to stay too long in my
head. I never realized
that I was so negative inwardly.
 Toward myself.

But I am very happy to share that this
is beginning to change. 
Like a butterfly coming out of it's 
cocoon or chrysalis.
And as I promised, here is the finished
project that
was inspired by a tiny butterfly.

Butterflies don't fly around afraid
of what people think or
of what might happen. 
They are happy to flutter about and gather their
food and enjoy sips of water and take refuge when
they see danger.
This is a 9x13 canvas. I used gesso, acrylic paints, stamps, ink, vintage papers
and stencils as well as random things for texturing.
My beautiful, Sonoron shell 
pink guitar that my husband got me last year. 
I love playing it and get comments on it whenever I take 
it to gigs.  It's perfect for this Shabbi Gypsy!
They don't make them anymore.

I'm still playing a lot of music and am working 
on songwriting as well. There is so much to learn
but I think the most important thing is to
put our whole hearts into whatever we do.
Do you agree?
This beautiful leaf was collected two years ago. 
Did you know that you can use 
rubber stamps on leaves?
My lovely geranium from last spring is still with me. 
Last fall, it was nearly
 four feet tall and three feet wide. I had to 
trim her back some so she could fit inside
for the winter.
These two are so much fun. They are full of 
love and SHENANIGANS! 
Just as they should be ;)
Have you had a first time recently?
I boiled stinging nettle this morning and ate it!
It's very good. 
{The western version.} 
friend brought us some for making tea to
help with allergies. I scooped it out of the container
with my hands 
and my little finger is still stinging. 
haha.
If you look it up, you'll find that it's packed with
nutrients and is a complete protein. 
I found this little lady at Ross and thought 
she was so special,
I just had to bring her home.
Whatever you're doing this week, 
I hope you're finding
peace and rest and beauty in your days.
Four peaks in the Sonoran Desert.

It's music for me tonight and a month
from tomorrow, I leave to
head to Ohio to get my girl!

I hope that you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for coming.
I hope you feel welcome and leave inspired.

Have a lovely rest of your week
and a Happy May to you.

Tamara 
Xo



7 comments:

Audrey said...

Love reading your blog.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kezzie said...

I do agree! Do everything with all your soul and care!
I am excited about your song writing! Would be lovely to hear some!
Your art work is gorgeous!

Evi Erlinda said...

Beautiful photos. can't wait for next photos.

Have a great week end!

handmade by amalia said...

I've not stopped by for a while, it's been a hectic few weeks with a lot of work and a trip to France and now I'm getting ready to go on my summer vacation in a couple of weeks. I love all this excitement but I miss the quiet days of routine :-) Anyway, I'm glad to visit and catch up. I'd love to hear your songs when you are ready.
Amalia
xo

Evi Erlinda said...

Wishing you a great Sunday in this difficult time!
Stay healthy and well!

Kezzie said...

Oh Tamara, it was SO lovely to hear from you! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog the other day! I was delighted to see your words! I do hope you will come back to blogging and that you are well.xxx