Friday, September 9, 2016

A few candle lit moments ~

Happy Tuesday..   
Friday or Saturday
Oh my..
did I lose the week! 

Are you glad that it's it was a short work week?

What did you do over the holiday weekend?
I hope you were able to take a rest from your labors and enjoy whatever
refreshes your mind and body.

What a beautiful weekend it was here in the mountains.
We spent much of it out in the woods with three of our daughters and many of our
grandkids. We hiked among the most gorgeous wildflowers. And the kids all played in the
south fork of the Little Colorado River.


I am here to confess that I am behind in comments and emails.
Last week was very overwhelming. 
Watching girlies and keeping up with our big family.
And I didn't feel well most of the week. Allergies.
I'm sorry I have not responded. 
Sometimes I just can't seem to think through the details..

But! I will come and visit those of you who have stopped by to say hello!
It's kind of a sacred thing to me to make sure that I
remember those who have visited.
Thank you!


We helped with a concert at The Outfoxed.
It's always such a pleasure. Our youngest daughter
plays many instruments and sings. She came along to play the fiddle and guitar
and sing a few duets with me. There are no words to describe the joy that I get from 
sharing these special times with her. 
I only know that when we sing together, time stands still.
I'M SO GRATEFUL~
She's almost 20 and I know it can't last forever.

We were so busy this past week trying to hold on to and make 
the most of the last days of summer. But sometimes I have to take some time to
rest my mind and enjoy the quiet and some of my special things. 
With the glow of candles or twinkle lights to cast their 
magical light and a cup of my favorite chamomile tea in hand, 
 my anxieties away slowly melt away.
I found these crystal candle holders at a thrift store..
I love the way they reflect the light and when you gently touch them together,
they ring out with a sweet little chiming sound.
I never have enough. Candles are a favorite of mine inside and out.


I also enjoy a stroll around the yard. 
 Brutus loves rolling around in the thyme.
Our work is slowing down outside as the nights have cooled quite a bit and 
the sun is shifting in the sky. 
So I've been able to work on some projects.
I have so many started
I've been working with air dry and paper clay, playing with acrylic paints
and planning some Christmas projects for some sales coming up.
I'm not really making a lot of progress but it's ok.


There are always so many ideas swirling around in my head! Sometimes
I would like to work late into the late but kowing that the next days work is waiting
to greet me early in the morning, I try to behave myself and go to bed.
Do you ever experience that?

***************

I have been hoping to add more to this all week.
But it was like my week just went spinning out of control.
Mostly because of responsibilities and not feeling well.
I was all fuzzle headed and didn't accomplish much.
I'm thankful to be feeling much more myself today.
****************

We received some sad news.
We lost a friend at the Foxfire.
He took us under his wing just two short months ago.
He was diagnosed with leukemia six weeks ago. And now, this man that was so 
talented and gracious, is gone. 
And it happened so fast.
We are in shock and so very saddened.  

I know I talk about it all of the time.
I hope I don't bore you and sound like a broken record.
But once again, I've been impressed to live like we're celebrating every day.
The people... all the blessings.. using our talents
to make ourselves and others happy.
Do MORE of what you love, dear friends..
Hug more ..laugh more...
I want to sparkle with love and shine with generosity.
Fill my space with light and life and sweet inspiration.

Anyway..
I decided to post this as is to say hello
and wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Love and hugs to you all.

Tamara 





4 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Tamara~
It was so nice to see you posted! (and no, you never sound like a broke record to me! : )
I enjoyed your photos and your words as well. Glad you are enjoying
your 'musical' family! and I hope you all can continue singing and playing together always~
You know, you reminded me of something in this post; candles.
My dear Alan loved candles and burned them daily. Usually with a vanilla type scent~
What a great way it would be to remember him by - to start his
tradition again and lite some candles in the evening.
We too are having some very chilly nights! But our days are warm; so I can still enjoy the summer.
Wishing you blessings and joy!
Karen O

Junkchiccottage said...

Tamara so sorry about your friend passing so quickly. This kind of unexpected sadness does make us think about how precious each day is to us. Truly a gift. Love your pretty candle sticks and candles a glow. I love to have a candle burning and just quietly sit sometimes with the quiet and the beauty of the candles glow. It is a great way to relax your mind. Glad to hear you are enjoying your music making together. Hugs my friend.
Happy week end.
Kris

Kezzie said...

Outfoxed sounds a lovely band and I am so glad of your daughter's talent and your time with her. Your crystal candlesticks are gorgeous!!x

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Tamara, so nice to hear from you! Your daughter sounds like such a talented girl, what a gift! Love your kitty and garden posts. So sorry to hear about your friends passing. I'm sure he will be greatly missed. I agree, let's enjoy life. It's way too short not to.
hugs,
Jann