Friday, June 15, 2018

A Gathered Table Scape

Hello~

Today we are celebrating clouds and 
possible rain this week....

As well as our sweet
daughter's 31st birthday.
She and her older sister and I
went on a little outing
for dinner, shopping and a movie.
We went to see Oceans 8.
Oh my... 
What a fun chic flick.
We try to celebrate the entire week.
Life passes by so quickly and I believe
in being very purposeful.


And a cloudy day?
 It's like a holiday for us around here especially considering this drought.
To clarify...

Ours and surrounding counties have been declared
a disaster area and we are on severe
restrictions. We're not even permitted 
to mow our lawns because of sparks.
No smoking outside.

Anyway...
On to happier things :) and there
are always happy things!

Like birthdays and flowers blooming
and little butterflies flitting about.

And a table that is full of color, glittery sparkles
and fun surprises for little eyes to find.


This may have the appearance of Easter but it's
actually just for spring with some things that I just 
grabbed because kids light up
when they see it all!
You can see what I used...
The vintage bottles and salt and pepper shakers
were some of my favorites.
I so enjoy using ordinary things
for something other than it's
intended use.

What about you? 

What kind of treasures do you enjoy using
when you're creating? And it doesn't 
have to be decorating your table.
I hope you're doing well and
taking some time to keep yourself grounded
and in touch with you.

I read something this morning that
got me to thinking about what
we give ourselves permission for.

Do you give yourself a lot of grace?
We all need it.
I know all too well how to put 
myself in a box and to criticize 
what I do and how I do it. 
and even what I fail to do.

 Are you allowing yourself to be you and
even embracing who you are?
I am hopelessly devoted to
getting this right. Making room for my
real self. The one who makes mistakes
and is always learning. She's creative and
messy and sometimes loses her way.
There's growing and accepting and then
when I think I have it figured out,
I change! Can you relate to any of that?

One thing that I'm learning to do is to be more
open and honest with myself and others.
I am back after taking a very long break.
The clouds were so inviting and the temperatures
so forgiving that I wandered outside to
(more like raced before the sun came back out ;)
get some more of my plants in the ground.

And to do some more rock work
on the little wall that I'm building
in the the Gypsy Camp gardens.
I will share some pictures.

I have my eye on a couple of climbing roses
 in town and the Virginia 
Creeper wintered so well through
the drought and the cold that we are going to
plant a couple more to add some greenery.

We must whenever we can as we are
surrounded by white grasses (dead) and dirt!
We do have some
Juniper and Pinon 
trees that are very gracious
 to give us shade.

 I have planted several herbs in the past couple
of days. Annual and perennial.
And I found the most adorable
Dwarf English Boxwood. So far it's doing well.
Fingers crossed!

I also had to take some time to dust and clean
and get things in order. I do so enjoy a tidy home. With the season of playing outside, it takes a little more effort to keep up.
It's time to go rest up for this evening.
As we are playing music tonight at one of our favorite places. I get to play my new pink guitar that Jeff bought me for our Anniversary in April.
Eeep!! Doesn't a 
Shabbi Gypsy girl need a pink guitar?
I will share some pictures soon.

I do hope that
you have a lovely, lovely weekend creating and
enjoying just being you right where you are
and of course
celebrating the wonderful
fathers in your life.

Here's a fun quote for summer...

"LIFE IS SHORT.
TAKE THE TRIP,
BUY THE SHOES,
EAT THE CAKE!"

Blessings and hugs to you~
Tamara 
xoxo





3 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Tamara,
Happy Summer. We have had nothing but rain and now this weekend it is super hot and sunny. My flowers really needed the sun and heat.
Love all your pretty flowers especially using the salt bottles for vases too adorable. I have bought the shoes, eaten too much of the cake, took the trip so thanks for reminding us that each day is a gift and we should live life to the fullest. Happy Weekend. Hope it is a good one.
xoxo
Kris

handmade by amalia said...

A lovely, cheerful table, Tamara, would brighten any celebration.
Amalia
xo

white and vintage said...

Such a lovely decoration! I really like it to decorate with flowers.
Hugs,
Christine