Thursday, April 18, 2019

Create Your Bliss ~ Life Choices and a Small Mixed Media Project


Hello!
Today was my walk day and the
spring weather has been rainy and cloudy
and breezy. 
love these days.
Now, I have Primrose in my lap
and Liberty is eating smarties at my feet.
We're all enjoying a crackling fire.

*~*~*~*~*

Life is a wonder to me. 
There are mysteries about why things
happen the way they do. And then there are
the things that we set into motion.

With all it's uncertainties, it's a 
lovely life. There are times though 
that I wish that I had 
been more prepared. I wonder if most of
us feel that way.
Wiser in the knowing of how
decisions would affect 
our future. 
I was very naive.

Today I want to share a
simple project that was inspired 
by these thoughts.

Do you ever keep little scraps
that you might do
something with it?
I used to be obsessive but have
learned to be more selective.

Isn't it fun to think of the possibilities :)
I mixed some paint and texture paste to
spread on this piece of corrugated paper. I fussy cut
a flower left over from a piece of card stock.
That's a scrap of vintage trim under the words
that I stamped. I love using seam binding to add color
and soft texture. Stars are such happy and magical 
things and seemed just right for
the theme. I found them in my jewelry supplies.


 I heard a song that had a line in it 
that said,
 "Are you living the life you chose
or are you living the life that chose you."
In keeping this positive, 
I'm not saying that I have serious regrets.
Of course, there are things I wish 
I had done differently. But this is more
about the things that I didn't do.

So that's how I came up with the:
CREATE YOUR BLISS
theme. 

One of the wonderful things 
about life is that every day is a 
chance to make a change
or start something new. 

It's an open door to any place and we can
take the first step toward
something that we've always wanted to do.
My daughter
and I have talked about
her decisions and what she wants.
It's one of the reasons that she's coming home.
She is smart about making her choices to create the life that she wants to live.

These can be financial or relational
or even career related. When I was growing up,
we were taught to make a lot of important
decisions based on finances.
It didn't matter what your gifts or talents
were and what dreams you had or what 
you enjoyed doing.

If I could go back, 
I would study music and art.


That makes a lot of sense since my father was
from a poor family.  Having our families
live through the great depression was a huge influence as well, I'm sure.
It wasn't their fault. 
It's what they knew.
Here's the beginnings of a project 
that I just finished
and will be a post coming soon.
It's funny how I gravitate toward
certain colors for a period of time.

I understand that financial considerations are important
but so is listening to your heart. 
People following their dreams...
  Making decisions that move them toward
creating the circumstances that support
those dreams.


I understand more now 
how to choose carefully
the path that will lead me to my destiny.
Considering commitments, of any kind,
very carefully.

Sometimes, there are circumstances
that we can't control. 
During these times,
we know we can trust God and
the process. Remembering that we
will find nuggets of truth and joy
along the way.



I believe that it's never too late.
And I am so thankful everyday
that God has given me the opportunity
now to pursue my 
passions in a different way. 

I study books and work at these
loves of mine. I peruse the internet
and learn so much.
It's an invaluable resource.
And I'm so thankful for people who 
are willing to share their knowledge and gifts
to teach others.

I have told God that if He will
give me the time, I will work hard and
use it. I will give Him the credit because
He helps me every day.
I am amazed sometimes at what I
can accomplish!

Along with the magic and fun, 
we know that it takes a lot of devotion and
hard work.

What are your dreams and goals?
I'd love to hear about how you work
at fulfilling them.

I wish you courage and
and undying hope 
to accomplish what's in your heart.

You can Create Your Bliss~ 


I hope you have a lovely weekend and a 
blessed Easter. 

Thank you for coming by. 

Tamara XX

8 comments:

Kezzie said...

I like the idea of choosing life but also life choosing you as well! A bit of both! Your art is all forms is beautiful and I love the way you utilised different pieces in that first one- so pretty!
I chose my university based on finances. My Mum said I couldn't go to university away from home- I had to go to one in London and live at home because of the financial cost. I wonder what life might have been like had I gone away but I had a wonderful time at my university in London and I ended up with lots of opportunities because of it- London has a lot to offer a musician!
Blessings to you friend. xx

Junkchiccottage said...

This is a beautiful and heart felt post. I loved reading your positive look on life as life gives us challenges.
I think our lives are always evolving and changing. If we think sometimes with our hearts instead of what is right or wrong we can carve out a pretty happy life. Having hard times in life let us see what is really important and what blessing we have or will gain in the future. Love that you are creating your bliss.
Have a wonderful Easter Weekend.
xoxo
Kris

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I enjoyed your uplifting post. I love your beautiful and creative projects you are working on. Wishing you a nice weekend and a Happy Easter.

handmade by amalia said...

Another wonderful post, Tamara, so thoughtful, and I love your mixed media project with its lifting message. I'm behind with my blog reading and didn't get here in time to wish you a Happy Easter. Hope you had a lovely time.
Amalia
xo

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Such a beautiful post Tamara. For quite some time life has chosen me and I am trying to choose it by at least having some time to dream again. I find dreaming re-energizes me and that has gone missing in my life for at least a year. I'm so glad you are following your dreams.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Dear Tamara, I am behind in my blog visiting but am so glad I was able to stop and see your wonderful post!!
I really like the colorful vintage/shabby-chic tag you created! Working with corrugated board is a fav of mine:)
Also loved the little tour ; ) seeing a few vignettes of what is going on in your life; And reading about what's happening in your <3 right now~
I wish for you all God's very best. I know your daughter will find her way~ Hugs <3 karen o

suziqu's thread works said...

Lovely blog to read here Tamara!
Love your tag and, like you, I tend to save lots of scraps for using on tags and in books too!
Yes growing up my parents also were very focused on giving us a good education which would give us good career choices and yes choices were very often those which would bring in good incomes and, in a way, I am glad for the guidance my father gave me in teaching me how to discipline myself and save some of my wages when I first began employment as it has always been easy to save money which has helped me get ahead so now I am fortunate to be able to pursue my passions in art and creativity.
I hope your daughter finds just what she has a passion for also!
Hugs,
Suzy

SImple and Serene Living said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Loved your tour and getting to know you. xo Laura