Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Some Thoughts on Christmas

As the holiday season has come to a close, I have been thinking a good deal about how wonderfully warm and memorable it was. Though we had wonderful gifts to share with each other, the gifts were not the priority. (And I must say our daughters were so thoughtful in their gift selections.) We were able to spend time crafting with friends and took a special friend to see the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Making some new friends while we participated in a few craft fairs was a highlight of our celebration as we shared some of our favorite Christmas stories from the Joe Wheeler's Christmas in My Heart books and some of our huge paper snowflakes.

I am grateful for the peace and for family & friends this year as many folks in our area experienced tragic losses of loved ones through accidents and illness. As we prayed for them, I was again reminded of how blessed I am..

These are ust a few of the thoughts that I have had this past week as the new year has begun. The season was so full of richness that I am sad to see it pass and challenged to keep the spirit of celebrating our Lord and others all though the year..

God Bless and A very Happy New Year..

No comments: