Friday, September 11, 2015

Mini-Composition Book Dressed Shabby Chic

Hello Everyone..
I hope you are all well and
enjoying some delicious
late summer weather.
Our rains have passed for now and
everything is so green. 
 The flowers, trees and well, just everything
outside is so happy!

Sometime soon, I will share some
of my VERY rustic planters that I saved 
from the trash and let sit out in the rain
to get all rusty.

But today, I wanted to share with you
 a mini-composition book that I 
had so much fun dressing up
all Shabby Chic.

It's one of the 3/$1 packs that I 
picked up at the dollar store. 
They look just like the larger 
composition books that you've
all probably seen. They're really cute and fun
to work with and the perfect size for 
a smaller project. I made three of them. 
One was given as a gift and the 
other two I sold at the shop where I 
put some of my creations on consignment.


The first step was to cover them
with some lovely, creamy, textured
wall-paper that I picked up
at a thrift store.
After that I chose a theme. 

The flowers and other shapes were
cut with a Sissix die and 
some of my punches.
And then to embellish, I just had fun
loading it up using various sweet things.
The pictures are pretty
self-explanatory and so I won't go into
a lot of detail.
I will say that the little metal piece
that you see, is from the clearance 
section at one of the big
craft stores. And I just painted it with some
Country White, acrylic, craft paint.

(I'm sure my crafty, blogger friends
would come up 
with something beautiful!)

 I always look for interesting
things to use, just as I'm sure
many of you do.
 Do you find that kind of
treasure hunting so fun?
AND it's inexpensive, too! :)
I believe in 
PINK...
~Audrey Hepburn~

The completion is made up of little things.
~Joseph Joubert~

They make such nice gifts and small 
things to sell. I know many of you have 
shops that you sell your lovely 
offerings in.
**********************************

I'm still waiting to find out what is going on
in my body. I don't think it's anything
too serious. But very mysterious.
But just to be sure,
I would greatly appreciate your prayers.
It can be a little discouraging at times to 
just be wondering.
Thank you all so much.

I look forward to seeing what 
fall projects that you all have in store!
You're always so inspiring.

Creativity is intelligence having fun.
~Albert Einstein~

Creativity is:
 inventing,
experimenting,
growing,
taking risks,
breaking rules,
making mistakes,
and having fun!
~Mary Lou Cook~

I've been working on a few things myself. 
Even some Christmas projects!
However the spirit moves us, right?
You understand.

Thank you so much for stopping 
by for a visit. I love my blogger friends 
and feel more of a connection all the time. 
Thank you for your support and
friendship. I appreciate it so much!

Have a blessed day.
Tamara xo


4 comments:

Kezzie said...

Your book is beautiful Tamara. What a clever idea to decorate something like this!! So clever!! I might try it at some point.
I'm sorry to hear you are unwell and I shall pray. X

Lace Age Girl said...

Hi Tamara,

Your book is very sweet. It looks like sugar or salt sprinkled on it? That's a great idea.

Tamara said...

Hello,
And thank you for stopping by! What you see on there is a clear, iridescent
glitter.. the lighting just didn't pick it up very well!

:) Tamara

Tamara said...

Hello,
And thank you for stopping by! What you see on there is a clear, iridescent
glitter.. the lighting just didn't pick it up very well!

:) Tamara