Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Book Altering Fun...and Life Photos


Hello everyone..
What a lovely and festive autumn it's been so far!
I am still at our lovely Sugartree place and will be headed out on the road this Saturday and by Monday, if all goes well, we will
be back at our Arizona mountain home.

I'm at the laundromat and have only a few minutes to say hello
and then I will be going to visit my brother
in the nursing home. I'm so happy
that I'm able to see him several times while I'm here.



My time here has been most wonderful. I have photos to share when I return home. My editing and time is so limited.

The nights are cooling and the heat from the campfires in the gypsy
camp have felt very good and the draping twinkle lights
 warm my heart!
***************
I have altered and embellished
 some simple composition books and would like to share 
them with you!
They are the black and white, dollar type. 
This and the one below are mini comp books.

These pictures are from a walk that we took in the early fall. 
The wildflowers come late to the mountains.
There's a canyon that runs behind our house and we walk
there when we can..
It has beautiful rocks and cliffs and views of the
mountains that we're so blessed to live in!
I can just imagine how the water must rush through
this canyon when it rains! I've always wanted to watch it but 
never have ventured back that way. 
 And then there's Brutus..
being his charming, dramatic self! 
haha

This is the picture that I spoke of a few posts back.
What a ham!
And some of two-legged friends:)
And this ones on a mission!


I'm sorry if this seemed rushed.
I'm looking forward to having more time again soon.
In the meantime..
I remember the seasons and living in the present.
Embracing the moment and the special
things that it affords.
Such as visiting my brother
and a little less tech time.

Blessings to my friends.

Have a wonderful week and thank you
so much for coming by! 
I appreciate you so much.

Tamara XO














6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I always get excited when I see a new post on your blog. Visiting you is always a highlight in my day :)

Dearest Tamara, your journal creations are stunning! I LOVE seeing your work and I know I say this all the time, but you have such a beautiful way with your creations.

Thinking of you, lovely lady. Hugs and blessings!

Junkchiccottage said...

Tamara,
The books are so sweet. You capture nature at it's best. Love the river beds in the canyon.
Little Brutus just made me smile. What a cutie.
Hugs,
Kris

Kezzie said...

That canyon is amazing! SOO dry and then imagining it full of water! So much beautiful stuff going on there!
Your altered books look so beautiful. Your attention to detail is very impressive.
I am so glad you got to see your Brother.
Brutus is SUCH a ham!x

Summer said...

The books are just so cute ♥

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Tamara, I love the journals that you created. Brutus is adorable, what a cutie! I'm so glad you've had a wonderful timing visiting your family and enjoying the fall foliage. Your photos from Arizona are beautiful. Have a safe trip home. I've done the drive many times - it's definitely a long one but so worth it. Take care, Kelly.

Sylvia said...

I could just see the water running down the dry bed and hear the trickling sounds. Cute pic of Brutus!