Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Summer Magic Under the Apricot Tree

Happy September!
Can you believe that 
fall is just around the corner?

What a beauti-"full" summer it has been!
So many special times with family and friends.
Playing music and making memories
 that will last a lifetime.
Working hard to accomplish goals and
 keep commitments. 

Enjoying all that as well as
 allowing some hard
things to bring me closer to 
who I'm meant to be. 
Each page of my story is a collection of experiences and circumstances.
The part that I am thankful for is that no matter 
what those circumstances are, I get to 
have a part in how the end is written!
********


Summer is not complete 
without a little magic~
 Beautiful colors swirling together in the breeze.
Underneath the fluttering green leaves of the trees.
A dog of the gypsy kind lies protecting the door.
Pretty little rugs create the softest floor. 
Come on inside says the Gypsy cat.. 
Amidst the sparkles and flowers...
What is more magical than that?

The princess' invite you to come in for a spell.
Please come!  Please come! 
But sshhh..... don't tell. 
(Wink Wink!!)
 The light is dancing all around 
As if to say,  "Look what I've found!"
On her beautiful rug, the sweet princess sits.
Her thoughts faraway like a boat adrift.
The melodic wind chimes in the tree,
Singing in harmony, listen to me!
The sound is enchanting and 
the birds stop their singing,
While each circle of whiteness 
keeps on ringing.
This was such fun creating for my grand
daughters. The girls were enchanted
and loved having Liberty and Brutus
join us for this sweet time.

I hope your summer has been magical
and that you've tucked away some
unforgettable times to add to your story.
*************

It's gorgeous here as we are in the midst 
of our summer rains.
 I will share some pictures.

We went to Phoenix for a little get
away and a concert. 
It was so inspiring.
  
When we returned, our grass
was very high and the house
needed attention.
 However, the mountains were calling 
so we went camping.
 The scenery is breathtaking
right now. And to sleep in a tent during thunderstorms is quite an experience!

There were kids, dogs and all kinds of 
big people huddling by the fire. We 
spent time making s'mores, 
building forts with sticks and
hanging sleeping bags to dry.

 Throughout the week, we travelled nearly
 800 miles! Some of these roads included 
some steep and narrow
mountain roads we trekked 
to sing at a wedding.

Where has your summer 
adventures taken you? I
 would love to hear about them and 
thank you for coming by
and sharing some of mine with me.

Blessings to you,
Tamara 
XO

3 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello there Tamara,
What an enchanting fairyland you all created! So much fun for the girls I'm sure!
I remember 'playing' in the wash hanging outside when I was a girl~
(waaay back when most folks hung everything out to dry)
There are no limits to the imagination . . . <3
Glad to hear you were able to get some traveling and adventure in this summer. Creating memories! and enjoying the outdoors~
love and hugs to you friend, karen o

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Tamara I want to come and join the girls and Brutus and Liberty under the pretty swaying sheets. What a fun place to hang out. I could see taking a sweet nap under there. Summer should be a magical place for all of us. I am sad to see Summer coming to a close soon and Fall on our heels. I love fall but I am sad to say good bye to summer. Have a great week. So happy to see your post pop up in my email today.
Hugs,
Kris

handmade by amalia said...

Magical, indeed, Tamara, I'd love to join! Here you can feel autumn very early in the morning but the rest of the day is all summer, still so hot and humid.
Amalia
xo