Tuesday, February 12, 2019

~ Paper Flowers and Eclectic Treasures For You ~

It's been a very cold, snowy day here.
I have a cozy fire and some little friends gathered
around. I keep hearing Brutus' snoring and the deep breathing of Liberty as she sleeps nearby. The dear dog is getting older.

I hope that you're enjoying your 
Valentine's week.
With all of the loving thoughts
and expressions going around.

"There is only one happiness in life;
 to love and be loved."
George Sand

Yesterday, I baked 5 loaves 
of banana and zucchini
bread. It was delightful to have that
sweet smell floating 
through the house.
And soon I am going to go
 make some cookie dough
 for sugar cookie hearts 
for friends and the grandkids. 
Are you baking for Valentine's day?
********

Do you ever think about how wonderful
it is to live in such inspiring times?
There are so many resources and ways to fulfill
the creative longings in our heart.
There are so many
fabulously talented and creative
people out there sharing their magic and
knowledge and skills.
I've learned so much and
I'm grateful!


And then there are books.
Are you a book person?
My grandparents always bought me new
books for my birthday. 
I still have some.

And I'm so thankful that my parents
always sent me back to school with
my Scholastic Book order
form all filled out and placed in an 
envelope with the money 
to pay for my new books.

Someday I'll do a book post.
"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine and 
man cannot live without love"
Max Muller
I've been enjoying this 
 mantel so much.

{The antique mirror with her elegant gold roses
feels very at home as the 
blush pink,  paper flower sits nearby.
Sparkling crystal is happy to be near
the Carnation Family as 
their colors reflect in the glass.} 

Do you like mixing old and new with
whimsical and elegant?
It reminds me of life.
All the goodness and textures 
blended together to display the
 beautiful and interesting 
and exciting story.
Do you like old tins?
I found this one at a thrift store.
I love the delicate roses and 
fairy-like butterflies painted in
the soft blues, yellows and pinks.
"Love planted a rose and the world turned sweet."
Katherine Lee Bates
Chalkboards are fun to 
share quotes and doodles on.  
This is a child's from long ago.
I wish I knew the story behind it.

Confession time. 
This saying is actually from three years ago
at Thanksgiving. It brings back such good memories that I am reluctant to erase it.

Paper flowers can be whimsical and pretty.
 They're fun and easy to make.
Their textures and puffy layers 
are cheerful and charming.
These colors make me think of winter.
Sometimes in the evenings 
we have beautiful pinks
as the sun slips away for the night.

Do you like the white flowers?
Since the growing season here in the mountains
is so short and I love flowers so much,
I have started collecting them from
different stores. 
Walmart carries a few pretty ones and
they are reasonably priced.
These looked so happy with their big, 
bright white
petals and soft pink centers.

"God's love is like an ocean;
you can see it's beginning but not it's end."
Rick Warren

Miss Prim ROSE is very curious.
I don't allow her to stay on my table because 
she is a bit reckless. 
haha
She found a sponge that I had been using for acrylics and had to smell it.
What a cutie :)



I hope,
 Dear friends,
 that you find your week is filled 
with love, laughter, friendship 
and many
ways to celebrate 
all the love in your life.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! 
XOXO

Thank you very much for 
your friendship
and for visiting my blog.

Love and blessings to you.
Tamara xo




5 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Tamara,
Was so happy to wander through your blog today! Lots of beautiful thoughts and quotes; and of course beautiful pics too!
Your mantel holds a very lovely vignette for the season~ So peaceful, soft and pretty. Wishing you blessings! Hugs, karen o

Stephanie said...

My sweet, sweet friend, what a blessing to visit your blog this morning. Oh, how beautiful your pictures are! I simply loved seeing your Valentine's Day decorations and guess what? I have that very same pink vase...it's my favorite {{smiles}}

Wishing you a lovely day! Hugs!

Lace Age Girl said...

Hello Tamara, I enjoyed your sweet and gentle blogpost for Valentine's Day. Your rose tin is beautiful, and your mantel a is a little shrine to beautiful things. Your little friends sound so cosy. They make such a difference in our lives, don't they, with all their querky ways!
Sending love your way,
Jesse X

handmade by amalia said...

I'm looking forward to your book post. I love books and always used to get them as presents for birthdays and holidays. With my nieces and nephews I have to get creative every single time, it would never do to give them a book, but for me it was always a joy. I love baking as well and creating. And am thankful for my washing machine and food processor and other such for gifting me the time to do these things for pleasure alone.
Amalia
xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dear Tamara,

Hello and nice to meet you! Thank you for coming to visit my post. You have lovely thoughts and a pleasant aesthetic to your blog...keep on expressing that which is beautiful to you. Thank you so much for your kind words!