Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Shabby and Vintage Valentine Tags (It's Still February! ;)

Hello and here I am posting 
for the second time in a week! 
I hope this is the start of a new trend...
I always want to but life seems to take over.

Specifically, practicing and learning
 new songs and techniques
on the mandolin and guitar. Family keeps me
very occupied as well. 
But they are loves and I wouldn't
want that any other way.

This post is especially for my sweet friend,
Karen, from Roosterhead Designs
She wanted to see close up shots of my
valentines that I made.
She is such a dear and makes beautiful
cards and creations!

I'm thinking that I shouldn't have 
edited these so much and they would have
shown up better. 
Lesson for the future ;)

I hope you don't mind another 
valentine post but I
guess it is still
 the month of love~
Every year we try to have a Valentine
meal with the kids and grandkids that live nearby.
We make valentines and give little gifts
or treats to each other.
It's such a fun time. 
This year my daughter had a
pink pancake breakfast. The pancakes were
so fluffy and delicious.
Grandma and Grandpa brought the fruit, 
sprinkles and 
whipped cream to go on top!
There were plates PILED with crispy,
crunchy bacon. 
Six pounds I believe!
A dozen bacon lovers around the table.
I have so much fun with the details 
when I sit to make projects. 

For these, I sifted through 
my ephemera and did 
my best to co-ordinate it 
with the gender, interests and ages 
of each one. I love finding things
 in thrift stores to use. 
The vintage looking valentines 
are actually stickers that I found 
at a thrift store many years ago.
I have a large paper doily collection
and old tickets that I have saved form different
raffles and events. Some of the pieces
are cut from old playing cards.
I did some fussy cutting.
 (I always thought that this term was so cute.)
There's a lot of layering and angling to get
the look that I wanted. 
I used some glitter, 
old buttons and one of my 
favorite things to buy on Etsy....
crinkled seam binding.
I put these all together
 on small shipping
tags that I purchased and 
larger tags that I made.
There are so many more projects in the making. Painting ... collaging and 
lots of thank you notes to 
make to send out for birthday gifts.

Thank you for coming by. 
I hope your week is going wonderfully and if you're wishing for spring,
hold on! It will soon be here.

Don't forget to pop in and say hi to Karen.
The love and details that she puts into her 
creations is beautiful and inspiring.

Blessings and joy to you.
Tamara XO

6 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Tamara,
YES! I was soo looking forward to seeing your latest set of cards- and of course I love them all! <3 Beautifully done with the vintage style and bits of ephemera charm~ And some cute 'Retro' images on them as well! Takes me back . . .
Thank You for sharing these inspiring creations with us today~ And thanks for including my link as well dear friend; that was very kind. Have a great rest of the week : ) Hugs, karen o

Junkchiccottage said...

The cards are beautiful . They are very special because your creative heart made them. I love a homemade card over a store bought card always. I hope you make more creative and sweet cards for Easter. I bet it gives you great joy to work on these. The valentine's breakfast with family sounded pretty yummy. We are bacon lovers in our family too and the amount of bacon we consume is crazy!!! Have a great rest of the week and wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Kris

Stephanie said...

Hello, my sweet friend! Once again, I am blown away by your lovely creations! I love the detail you put into your work - I can tell everything you make is with lots of love :)

Enjoy the upcoming weekend, dear one! Hugs!

junemac2 said...

Oh these are all beautiful tags. Such gorgeous work and the music sounds wonderful, I would love to play Mandolin.

Hugs June x

handmade by amalia said...

Tamara, these valentines are so pretty! I'm glad you've shown them to us up close so that we could see all the beautiful details.
Amalia
xo

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day with your family. I love the pretty cards and tags you made! Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful week. :)