Sunday, January 26, 2014

Encouragement in His Time..Will Come



Have you ever had to just really hang onto that feeling in your gut and trust?
Not allowing yourself to look at the outward circumstances?
But following the voice of your heart and that
of the One who loves and leads you?
Knowing that things will come?

I have and do. And it's an area in which I am thankful for
release and growth. I am still "in progress"
but am no longer
crippled by circumstances that seem to

speak scream failure or insignificant.

There have been so many times that I have asked God about
quitting but He never seems to release me to walk through
that door from "Blogland"
and quietly close it behind me and tiptoe away knowing no one
in the word will notice my absence!
But He will. Because He has not said to do so.


And so I persist and grow and learn to trust ...

Myself and Him.
I dig deep. Very deep. And then deeper still. Trying to understand.
 
I struggle to learn...
 
how to pour out my words...
 
 in colors and pictures and
Moods and feelings.
Sounds and textures.
 
 
 
 
I think it's coming.
Not so much because I see it
(though I have seen some progress)
 
but because..
 
He said He would and He will.
 
He is:
Leading. Guiding. Teaching
.
We can relax.

 confident
restful
assured

 because:
 
He who promised is faithful.

 **************************
 
 God knows just when to withhold from us any visible
sign of encouragement, and when to grant us such a sign.
How good it is that we may trust Him anyway!
 
When all visible evidences that He is remembering us
are withheld, that is best; He wants us to realize that
His Word, His promise of remembrance,
 is more substantial and dependable than any
evidence of our senses.
 
When He sends the visible evidence,
after all, that is well also;
we appreciate it all the more after
we have trusted Him without it!
 
Those who are readiest to trust God
without other evidence than His Word always
receive the greatest number of visible
evidences of His love.~ C.G. Trumbull.
 
 


No comments: