Friday, June 26, 2015

How We Enjoy the Simple Country Life in Summer

Summer is sort of a magical time
when hopes for fun, excitement
and the impossible seem to be
within our reach!
**********************

It's a hot day in June and summer time
has finally arrived.
Do you have big plans for your summer?

Do you have some plans for leisure time?

This is what we do.
 sit on the porch swing
and just listen to the creak of the chain

sip 
a chilled glass of fresh mint tea
that we picked from our
 mint patch.

 rest in our hammock
or favorite cozy spot reading a good
book or drawing.
 delightful!

sit on the back stoop
playing guitar and singing our favorite
country, folk, gospel or whatever kind of song.

listen to the crickets while they sing their song or watch the lightening
bugs flicker across the field.

Take a walk down a country road and stop to
 pick some wildflowers for our table.







I love to watch a distant storm come in
and the feel of that cool breeze on my face
while the smell of rain fills the air. 

I read this quote the other day and
rather liked it..

Summer is the annual permission slip to
be lazy. To do nothing and have it count
for something. To lie in the grass
and count the stars. To sit on a branch
and study the clouds.
~Regina Brett~

I used to do these things as a 
young country girl. And I've decided
that I'm going to return more
 to my girlish ways.

These simple things are some of
my favorite things..

Does anyone want to join me?

 Much of the time, I 
get too focused on work and am
trying to find a more relaxed pace
for myself.

Do you sometimes work too hard?

What makes your summer magical?

I hope that your summer is off to a 
perfect start. And remember to be
a little lazy!

Have a wonderful weekend
my friends. 

Blessings,
Tamara xoxo


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh yes, dear Tamara, I would love to join you :) This was such a sweet and delightful post....and it was a good reminder to slow down and simply enjoy the summer days.

Hugs and blessings to you, lovely lady!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful post! I love it. I love to be lazy in the summer. Your words just brought it all to life. I want to join you too. Let's all sit and count fireflies together.

Tamara said...

It would be so fun to have a summer blogger party, Stephanie! Thank you so much for your visit and enjoy your holiday weekend! Love and blessings, Tamara xoxo

Tamara said...

Dear Kathy,
What a sweet time it would be to count fireflies together. It was a delight to have you visit. Thank you so much. Have a blessed holiday weekend.

Tamara xoxo