Thursday, February 9, 2017

Art Inspiration: My Quest ....A Winter Canvas Collage and Keeping Inspired

 I hope that your week has been happy and inspiring. 
Inspiration is one of the staples that I live on.

It's so easy to get in a rut with everyday things. Not that we aren't thankful but it's good to have new experiences. 
I like to work at conjuring up happy thoughts 
and fresh things to do.

How do you keep inspired?

I am trying to work hard at learning new things
and today I wanted to share my winter canvas
with you. It started as a Christmas project but quickly was
set aside for seasonal activities.
So, I turned it into a winter project.
Isn't that one of things that is so lovely about art?
There are really no rules.

Allow yourself a lot of grace, flow with the 
circumstances and  follow your heart.

It's one of things that keeps the inspiration coming.
And how amazing to not have any boundaries or rules but full
freedom through creativity!
This is just one of the wonders of it all.

This project was inspired by 
Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist.

She is an artist of many talents! Lovely, creative and
whimsical. A person who celebrates life at every turn
and shares her inspiration with such generosity of spirit
through her beautiful photos. 
Thank you, Vanessa!

I saw one of her canvas' in a magazine and decided to 
try my own with a little different approach.
 How magical it was to enter this little world of make believe
with pretty papers, glitter and colorful paints to create 
a fairytale story through my imagination and art!
To get lost in it all was simply blissful.



Here are a few new things that I learned..
*large collage piece
*planning a story to tell in the picture
*drawing with detail
*painting animals with acrylics

I learned so much and it gave me confidence to keep moving forward.
By some miracle, I inspired myself.


Isn't it a good feeling to have dreams in front of you and 
to accomplish something that brings you one step closer?
Even if it's just a tiny step?
Most big things are accomplished through small steps.

Have you ever experienced that?
Please..
I would really love to hear about yours!
Thank you..
________________________________
Below are just a few photos of my life..

A bear sighting! :)
I was picking this up for my daughter at Christmas.
One of the ways to get inspired is to do something out of the
ordinary fun or even
a little crazy; like push a bear around the grocery store 
while getting your groceries. 
Smile..
That is a very large grocery cart with a very 
large bear inside!
Reading this Renoir book has been very inspirational.
I learned that many of the artists 
of his time carried their knapsacks 
to the fields and forests to 
paint because having a studio was a luxury.
One of the most fulfilling, inspirational ways to stir up creativity is to be someone else's inspiration and then help THEM accomplish
what you inspired them to do. 
I made a pillow.
My grand daughters saw it and wanted to make one, too.

So the other day, they spent about four hours learning how to hand sew these little pillows.
They did a beautiful job and were so pleased with their work.
It made me so happy to be a part of this 
fun and enriching time! 


Thank you for coming by.  
I hope you find some very lovely inspiration
and then have a wonderful time inspiring someone else.

I find so much creativity on many friend's blogs.
So thank you for sharing your talents and lovely ideas
so that others can be inspired and learn new 
ways to enrich our lives.

Wishing you a happy weekend!
Tamara XO 

4 comments:

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Tamara, I love your artwork. It's so cute! Every time I see something that someone has created, I want to do the same. That's adorable with your granddaughters making their own pillows. That is something they will always remember. I used some scrap pieces of fabric to make some things when I was a little girl and I know I never forgot it, everything was hand sewn as I was too little to use the sewing machine. Keep on inspiring!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

yes, it is always wonderful to learn new things. Your collage came out beautifully, dear Tamara. Love the colors and texture.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

handmade by amalia said...

Tamara, I adore your winter world! It is such a beautiful creation, you can just tell that wonderful stories are about to be told there.
Amalia
xo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Tamara
I am so glad to have stopped by today. Your collage is amazing! So wonderful to see the step by step process for those that draw and make mixed media art. I am very envious. I also love seeing your two little grand daughters sewing. How sweet and they will always remember that project!

Nancy