Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Card For a Friend to Brighten Her Day ~ A Simple Thing

 I hope life is treating you 
kind on this Wednesday. 
Life is beautiful and wonderful
and difficult and we never know what a day will hold.

Celebrating each day with everything we have
on that day will make memories and
enrich even the simplest of times.
It could just be a small thing that will turn our head
or thrill our heart.

This morning when I took a walk,
the sky was SO blue!
I wanted to just stare at it and take in it's
simple beauty! And I was walking past my neighbors barn,
a frightened skunk scurried past. 
That was a surprise! A little thrill.
 I kept my eye on him as I
walked up the road. 
Haha...
Just to make sure that it wasn't following.
;)


My granddaughters
were here yesterday and they 
brought their new little friend.
Primrose, the kitten.
I had forgotten just how sweet it was to hold
a tiny, soft dear thing. Her purr was quiet and low.
They do love her so and she'll grow to love them, too.
****
This card that I made was for a friend who had
just been in car accident. Her car was totaled but she 
wasn't seriously injured. But the trauma was very real.

When I gave her the card with some flowers, I asked her 
how she was. She said fine and when I spoke of the accident
she hugged me and cried.

Such a small and simple gesture on my part but it 
"meant the world to her."
We never know how showing that we care might
bring a bit of cheer to someone.
It's the little things that sometimes add up
 to make an extraordinary day.
I used to look past those often times while
looking for more.
I'm learning~


Tonight we switch over to play our music at
The Foxfire. We'll be seeing some 
old friends and we're always
making new ones! Our hearts are ever
thankful for the opportunity
to sing and play.

I hope you're having a wonderful day!
Thank you so much for coming by. 

Hugs,
Tamara




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Primrose...what a darling name for a cat.

Your post was beautiful, my friend, as was the card you made for your dear friend. Your words certainly touched my heart today.

Thinking of you and wishing you a blessed evening. Hugs!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Yes Tamara, the card is beautiful! and so was your gesture of kindness.
It reminded me of a quote my daughter shared:
"We'll all meet someone today who's being crushed by life.
We won't know who it is, so we might as well be gentle with everyone
we meet. Because you just never know." Joshua Rodgers
I wish you a blessed weekend ahead friend~ Hugs, karen o

handmade by amalia said...

What a beautiful post, Tamara. As always. I love your writing. And no wonder your friend was moved by your card, it is the thought and creativity and love and kindness that you put into it.
Amalia
xo