Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Thrift Store Flowers for Spring

Happy May! 

Isn't it lovely to know that summer is on it's way?
And spring is coming to life all around us.

Though spring has it's joys it can be a little challenging here.

In the White Mountains,
it's usually a very windy time.
I'll share a little more about that soon.
So that makes it a good time to wander 
around in thrift stores
to see what treasures we can find.

And one that I bought is a lovely, embroidered picture.
It's always a treat to find something that
someone has taken the time to make by hand.

It's done on linen. 
There was a stain on it that I was able to 
dab with some shout and remove.

But the colors are so bright and cheerful...
I just thought it was so pretty!
And though you can't see it, it's framed very nicely.
Where flowers bloom, so does hope.
Lady Bird Johnson

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.
How is your week going?

I am enjoying a cloudy day here and resting up some.
It's Wednesday and for me that means 
playing music tonight!
We have made so many good friends and
enjoy meeting new ones each week.

I'll also be cleaning and project planning.


Have a blessed rest of your week and thank you
for coming by!

Tamara 
XOXO

5 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

I love your little embroidery treasure you found. The colors are so pretty and I too love an homemade gift. That took someone some time to make and I am glad you rescued it and brought it home to enjoy. Have fun playing music tonight.
Hugs,
Kris

Audrey said...

Love the picture ... Enjoy your Spring weather.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Tamara~
I enjoyed peeking in and seeing your "deal of the day!" : )
Yes, Thrift Store finds are a very happy thing <3 Thanks for sharing.
I an not blogging for right now, but still checking around a little ;)
Love & hugs, karen o

handmade by amalia said...

What a lucky find, Tamara! The embroidery is beautiful, must have taken forever to make.
Amalia
xo

O meu pensamento viaja said...

How lovely!
xoxo