Saturday, February 26, 2011

                                               
         Thoughts On Redeeming the Time         
                               
Since turning 50 a few years ago I've begun to consider time in a new light. I've realized I probably have less years to go in this life than I have now lived.
I certainly wasted a lot of time before coming to Christ at age 23. I have been asking myself lately how am I using this valuable "non-renewable resource" now? Am I "redeeming the time" as encouraged to do in Ephesians 5:16? Am I "pressing on toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus?" (Philippians 3:14) What is my calling? Do I have a vision for my life and the lives of my children and grandchildren? Am I spending my time pursuing that vision or am I pursuing the empty distractions that the world has to offer?
Mark 4:19 talks about the Word or life of God in us being choked out by the "cares of this world"
In 2 Timothy 2:4, we are told that a soldier cannot entangle himself with the affairs of this life if he desires to please Him that he serves.
I believe God would have me begin to eliminate "distractions" in my life so I can better focus on what I am called to be doing. I want to begin to seek His face in a new and deeper way. If that is my first priority, I know He will take care of ALL the rest and order my time in a way that is pleasing to Him and a blessing and encouragement to others. Please pray for me.             Jeff

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.
                                                                                                                              Matthew 6:33

No comments: