Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thrifted Treasures

Well, yesterday was my birthday. Because of a Dr. appointment in a neighboring city, I was able to do one of my favorite things. Go thrifting. I especially enjoy going to places like The
Women's Hope Shop. This supports the unborn children and families who are in crisis. And animal shelter stores. I then know that my dollar goes twice as far. It not only goes to benefit those who need
a little extra loving support but I am blessed with a bargain or two!
 

 
Here is the spread of treasures that I was able to find. So much to look at and I just loved the mix of colors for the photo. I must say I felt so blessed! I don't know how how many times I have thought," Oh, I would like to have this or that." and in just a little while, I am able to find it.
___________________________________________________
 
Three handsome lamps. And the smallest one uses a two-way bulb. So sweet.
 
 Ruffly, Angelic-white pillows 

 
Details. So pretty.
 
Scrolls.
Bows.
Aren't the cracks charming.
__________________________________________________
 
The base is plaster. I'm not overly fond of glossy-
white but I can fix that. I am just learning about paint and techniques so I
don't have an exact plan. But there is a vision in my mind to soften the color,
and darken some edges.




 The taupe cloth that you see is actually......
a woolen shawl made in India!
 
The color caught my eye. It's one of my favorites.
It layers so lovely and softly with creams and whites.
Because it's such a perfect weight, it can also be worn as a scarf.




 Beaded jewelry .... vintage clothing
 
lovely ~


 
My husband and I share in this journey which makes it a double-blessing.
 
I saw this.
Picked it up and said,"Oh, I want this."
He asked what it was. I didn't know. (I'd like to find out.)
But isn't it unique?
Yes.
And I thought it "Old World" looking.
 
Strong. Bold. Enduring.
 
I'm looking forward to finding more treasures. Useful to our home and also
to sell. There's so much inspiration out there.
 
I have made a beautiful new blogger friend and hers is one of my favorite blogs.
 
It's called  A Gathering Place.
 
Her blog is gorgeous and her work is quite lovely.
It's so wonderful when people share their gifts and talents.
 
Be blessed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Mikailah Autumn said...

oh, thrifted treasures are so much fun. :) we sure had fun looking through that thrift store, didn't we? :)

lovely post, Mommy! you have an eye for those kind of treasures. ;)

Love you!!! <3

Miss Emily K. said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday!! I love it when stores and stuff donate to people who really need it.

I love the finds you got.... was the old chest part of what you got as well?

Tamara said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Emily. That was so sweet. And no, the trunk wasn't a find. It belonged to Mikailah's grandmother.

Blessings to you,
Tamara

Tamara said...

Poos,
I had such fun visiting those places with you! That makes it extra special. We'll have to do it again.

Love you, Darlin!
Mamsie

Jeff said...

Beautiful pictures! You are so good at finding treasures in a room full of "junk"!!