Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Mother's Day Wish and Everyday Rambles

 I'm just popping in to say hello and
share some of my life ramblings.

It's been a very chilly week here.
The wood stove has been brought
back to life with cozy fires.
That's life in the mountains!

Other than it being very hard on my plants,
I don't mind. This Ohio born girl loves 
a cloudy day or five ;)

We have been busy this week preparing for our annual
spring jaunt to our Sugartree place in Ohio. 
We may be selling but our youngest daughter
and niece may rent it if we can work it out.
We have mixed feelings about that.
She'd be 1800 miles away.


How fitting that we get to see our 
Oklahoma kids and grandbabies
on Mother's Day. And then we travel to MO to see
our daughter and her new baby.
We're so excited to see them all!

Here are some Mother's Day flowers for all of you.
They are from the last year's gardens.
I haven't written much about everyday life for awhile.
I've been working on some crafts.
I will post some when I get back which won't be until June.
Last week, we helped watch our daughter's five
children while she and her husband flew to Virginia
for his grandfather's funeral. We had
such a fun time with them!

We attended a Kentucky Derby celebration at 
one of the restaurants where we sing. 
The owner is from Caintuck. 
It was AMAZING! So well done.
Decorations, games and a lovely buffet of
southern foods.
We have been playing music every Wednesday evening at a
little restaurant in the mountains. Last night was
the last evening of the season there. It was sad to leave it.
There are such wonderful regulars 
who come to listen. And those who work there 
are very gracious and helpful.

The Derby party was the official opening of the season at
the Foxfire, so we will be gathering there to share
our music through early fall.
Music! always MUSIC!
 I must go now and work on watering and packing.
It's been so nice to drop in. I will be 
coming by to visit you while I'm traveling.

What a lovely time to remember our Mothers.
Mine has been gone for many years and how I wish 
I could see her once again to 
honor and love on her just one more time.

I hope you're all well and that you have the 
most wonderful Mother's Day, 
feeling honored and treasured.

Thank you so much for your visit!
Tamara xo





4 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Safe travels for your trip. What a nice and happy trip this will be. Enjoy. Wishing you a very wonderful Mother's Day. Enjoy.
xoxo
Kris

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Tamara, I hope you have safe travels and enjoy the time with all of your family. A child 1800 plus miles away would definitely be hard. Happy Mother's Day to you.

handmade by amalia said...

I hope you had a lovely mother's day, Tamara. I'd happily trade some of our sunshine for a bit of cool and rain, if you're interested in a trade.
Amalia
xo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day and safe trip as well. You mentioned selling? I am going through my second time of it in less then a year. 9 months later...sigh...hope I can physically do it again. I vowed I would purge, as I moved so much and wondered why? LOL Good luck!