Saturday, May 27, 2017

travel photos

Hello! 
And Happy Memorial Day Weekend

I hope this finds you all doing well.
I am still away from home and am roaming in the gorgeous 
rolling hills of southeastern Ohio.


I'm visiting family and some friends.
And we've been working on the details
of readying our little cottage for winter living
so our youngest daughter and my niece can 
rent it from us.

We were planning to sell which was a very sad thought.
It's a gorgeous spot which affords us much beauty and
 a place to stay when I get a chance to visit family and friends
and journey down the lane of girlhood memories.

I moved away technically but a big piece 
of my heart has remained here for many reasons.

Here are some photos of our trip that began on
May 11th. On the first day, 45 miles out of town, 
we blew a tire. I was driving. 
We were thankful that we were safe.

The steel belts were showing but as 
I stopped, the tire was slowly
deflating as I got out of the van.
It's still a mystery how that happened...
 We see it as God's protection.

What a beautiful view of New Mexico skies!
 Driving through The Narrows of New Mexico.
 This is Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo.
We've driven by for 30 years
and decided it was time to stop!
If you venture by here on eastbound
I-40, bring a can of spray paint and you can 
add your artistic grafitti to the cars.
 Here are Jeff and I with our OK grand babies.
We had a sweet visit and very special to be there on
Mother's Day.
This unique bridge spans the Ohio River 
between Kentucky and Ohio.
 We saw kids in Oklahoma, Mo, Indiana
 and my brother who resides in the 
Ohio Veteran's Home near Cincinnati.  

I was so happy to see him. He used to be 
near our cottage but has now 
re-located to the Veteran's home which is
four hours from here.
 Wild Irises
 Raspberry Vanilla swirl, waffle cone with...

S*p*R*i*N*k*L*e*S*! 
Very tasty :)
 Hearts...
I love to find them everywhere.
 one of my favorite things...
{WILDFLOWERS}
I will be remembering our veterans this 
weekend and those who are
currently serving. 

I wish you the best as you gather with
family and friends this weekend to be together
and to remember those who have died and 
those who live still
to protect our country and
to help others.

Wishing you 
magical, harmonious days
 filled with blessings.

Thank you so much
 for coming by to say hello.
I will be back home on the 3rd of June and
  back in touch~



Tamara 
XO




4 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Tamara,
Looks like you are having a wonderful trip. Glad your travels have been safe even with the tire blow out. Those can be so scary. Enjoy your fun trip. Safe travels on your way back home June 3rd.
xoxo
Kris

handmade by amalia said...

Beautiful photos of your travels, Tamara, glad to see you enjoying yourself.
Amalia
xo

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my friend...I have MISSED visiting you! Loved seeing the photos of your travels. May you continue to be happy and well. <3 Rebecca

Jeff LeFevre said...

Great pictures! What a beautiful country to drive across!