Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Love Story ~ For Terri and Honey and Gideon

Have you ever lost a beloved animal friend? Most of us have at one time or another. I know I have. It's easy to love those critters that become such an intricate part of our lives. And we grieve and miss them when they're gone. Sometimes the circumstances by which they leave us are very difficult to bear.

Early this last spring, a good friend of mine lost her friend and mount while birthing her new little colt. It was very sad. She had done all that she could to save the mare but, sadly, they lost her still. Her injury was a deep tear inside that occurred because her boy was so large. It happened at the vet clinic at Ohio State University from a hemorrhage.

I was very saddened for my friend because of this great loss. And it weighed heavy on my heart for some time. One night I awoke and this little poem came to me.

It's about Gideon. He made it through with loving care and devotion. And he thrives today. It's about
Terri and her Honey horse.

Remember when the days were long
When life was easy like a song
And time played out just like a melody?

You'd brush me down, we'd saddle up
We'd ride the trails and fill 'ar cup
We moved like one in perfect harmony.

You'd rub my legs, your hands were kind
Your words were gentle on my mind
I felt the love you had inside for me.

And now I've left behind my son
He's running free, his name is strong
You're part of him and he's still part 'o me.

There's no one else I'd rather teach him
You're the one God knew could reach him
He'll know about love, life and legacy.

Gideon has my strength and spirit
God wrote his song, you'll help him live it
Through happy days on the ranch of T-N-T.

Blessings to you all,
Tamara


No comments: