Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ordinary Days?

      Another day. A seemingly ordinary day. What makes a day ordinary? Ordinary is very much
 the same as common. 

  _____________________________________________________________
       {Common means......
                       Not distinguished by superior or noteworthy characteristics; average:}
                                       ___________________


When I think of the hope that lies wrapped up in the gift of a sunrise.. This is not ordinary~


         Perspective ~



          As I mentally walk through my day, how can I find the extra-ordinary... the miracle...

   the beauty...a message...some inspiration...a reminder to be grateful...within my waking hours.

                                                             ***********

Putting my bed back together in the morning is not something that I particularly enjoy...

but the blessing of a warm home and a comfortable place to take rest is something

I am thankful for.




                              The LORD does not give us common things...
                        
As I eat an apple while I write.... it is SO crunchy.. red and smooth on the outside...

I bite into the cool, crispness of the grainy white...

It is so sweet and juicy. ___________  I enjoy it..

                           It was formed from a bud on a tree..and grew into the fruit God created
                                                   for us to taste and say.. that is the best apple~

                                       Thank you, God....





My daughters are so willing to serve by tidying the kitchen after a snack...they do it every day...

without complaining. I am so blessed by the heart that God has given them...

a heart that sacrifices to do for others...





Our dishwasher has been empty for over a year ... It doesn't work...

 ___________ We chose not to have it repaired...
There is an awareness of each other as we fellowship around the washing of the dishes..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am surrounded by the extra-ordinary...

As I take the time to look beyond the surface of seemingly common things...my heart will become

                        tuned in to the richness of the life that

                                                God has given me to embrace.. live...cherish... and...
             

                   find beauty in.



I am sure there are things that I am missing....


I would be so blessed to hear about your experience of finding the extra-ordinary treasures

in your Ordinary things....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat post. I need to realize the specialty of simple pleasures, such as an apple!

Tamara said...

Thank you.. I also need to see MORE of God in the
small things!