Sunday, May 1, 2011

God Alone is Enough~

There are so many things to pull at my heart and distract me.

Places to go.. things to do..projects to work on.

Good things.

But even good things can blur my focus.

Good things can crowd out my time and snatch
away my energy.

The looming shadow of business can

darken my perspective.



There are cares of the day that I

 allow to rob me of peace..

Unresolved questions that

can stir up anxiety.

Leftover housework that pushes

 me to over-tiredness..


I have to work on remembering~

That nothing can bring me satisfaction..or peace
apart from God.


There is nothing MORE...

Than God.

 He alone is enough.




WAIT and listen, everyone who is thirsty!
Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat!
 Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money
 and without price
 [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing].



Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your earnings for what does not satisfy?
 Hearken diligently to Me, and eat what is good,
and let your soul delight itself in fatness
 [the profuseness of spiritual joy].



Incline your ear [submit and consent to the divine will]
 and come to Me; hear, and your soul will revive;
and I will make an everlasting covenant or league with you,
even the sure mercy (kindness, goodwill, and compassion) promised to David.
Psalm 55:1-3 


 
 
 

 
 
 Rest in Him. Trust in Him.  
 
 
We don't embrace the Catholic doctrine, however,
we have found John Michael Talbot's music to be uplifting
and encouraging. We hope you are blessed as well.




No comments: