Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Voice to Pray... II



I hope you were encouraged by the first part of A Voice to Pray.

            There is nothing that can take the place of that time of communing and fellowship.


The more I pray, the more I find I want to just be with God.

_____________________________________________________________
Sometimes there is just silence with a powerful awareness of His presence.
_____________________________________________________________

And the beautiful thing about that, is that there is a revelation of the scripture in

Hebrews that says," I will never leave you or forsake you." (13:5)



"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness." Martin Luther.
___________________________________________________________________________________


 As you read and pray the following verses, ponder this quote by E.M Bounds.

"Prayer breaks all bars, dissolves all chains, opens all prisons, and widens all straits by which God's saints have been held."


*****************************************************************************************                  
                                                                                     Colossions
 
Please turn me away from all immorality, passion, greed and, idolatry. (3:5)
 
Cause me to put aside anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from my mouth. (3:8)
 
Help me to always be honest toward others.(3:9)
 
I pray that my life will have compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.(3:12)
 
Give me a forgiving heart and patience with others, remembering how You have forgiven me.(3:15)
 
Please help me choose to have a heart of love, which is the perfect bond of unity.(3:14)
 
I pray that Your peace will rule in my heart.(3:15)
 
I pray that Your Word will dwell richly within me.(3:16)
 
Help me, as a wife, to give honor and respect to my husband.(3:18)
 
Help me, as a husband and father, to grow in love for and understandinf of my wife and children.(3:19,21)
 
I pray that my children will be obedient to us as parents in all things because this pleases You.(3:20)
 
In whatever I do, show me how to perform my work happily for You, rather than for people.(3:23)
 
Help me, to devote myself to prayer, keeping alert in it, with an attitude of thanksgiving.(4:2)
 
Teach me to be wise and to make the most of every opportunity to share the gospel with those I meet.(4:5)
 
Fill all the words I speak with grace, so that I edify the people in my life.(4:6)
 
Lord, help me to be faithful to whatever You have called me to, and help me fulfill it in faithfulness.
(4:17)                                                                                                Prayers by Terry Gooding
 
 
 
 

No comments: